Over the years, schools have been very creative in finding ways to fund my program and/or materials. Here are a few suggestions of possible funding sources.
• Drug-Free Schools Money
• Earmarked Federal Special Education Staff Development Dollars
• Diversity Money
• Violence Prevention/Safe-Schools Money
• Tobacco Settlement Money (TATU Fund, Teens Against Tobacco Use, check with your coop or state dept. of ed.)
• Parent Teacher Groups — PTA’s, PTO’s, PTAO’s, PTSA’s, PTSO’s, PCN’s, etc.
• Education Cooperatives — ECSU’s, ESU’Ss CESA’s AEA’s, etc. Each state has some sort of education cooperatives.
• School Assembly Fund
• Student Activity Fund
• Vending Machine Fund
• Media Center Funds
• Staff Development Fund
• Student Groups — Student Council, DECA, VICA, FBLA, FCCLA, FLA, FHA, FFA, BPA — or other student groups
• Civic Groups — (Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis, American Legion, Optimists, Knights of Columbus, VFW, Auxiliaries, etc.)
• Community Education Programs
• Local Businesses, Corporations or Foundations
• various other grant programs through your State Department of Education, or . . .